名词性从句：在句子中起名词作用的句子叫名词性从句 (Noun Clauses）。 名词性从句在复合句中能担任:主语、宾语、表语、同位语、介词宾语等。 名词性从句分为：主语从句、宾语从句、表语从句和同位语从句。 一、引导名词性从句的连接词 引导名词性从句的连接词可分为三类： 1、从属连词（5个）： （1）that无词义，在从句中不做成分，在宾语从句或表语从句中that有时可以省略 （2）whether，if 有词义，在从句中不做成分（whether，if均表示“是否”之意，表明从句内容的不确定性）不可以省略 （3）as if, as though （均表示“好像”，“似乎”之意）在从句中不做成分 2、连接代词（9个）：what, whatever, who, whoever, whom, whomever, whose, which, whichever，有词义，在从句中做成分，不可以省略（who what which 在从句中做主语、宾语、其中what 指代没有范围的事物，which指代有范围的事物，表“选择哪一个”whom做宾语whose 做定语） 3、连接副词（7个）：when, where, how, why, whenever, wherever, however有词义，在从句中做状语，不可以省略 4、that省略的情况： （1）定语从句中做宾语 （2）that引导宾语从句时 （3）that引导表语从句时 （4）主语从句中it做形式主语，that从句置于句末时 5、that不可省略的情况： （1）定语从句中做主语 （2）由that引导主语从句放句首时 （3）that引导同位语从句时 （4）宾语从句中i it做形式宾语，真正的that宾语从句中that不可以省略 ii 一个句子有两个或多个并列的宾语从句时，引导第二个和以后几个句子中的that不可以省略 iii 与动词相隔的宾语从句，不可以省略 iv that引导的宾语从句放在句首时，不可以省略 二. 主语从句 1、主语从句：作句子主语的从句叫主语从句。 主语从句通常由下列词引导： 1）从属连词that，whether 等； 2）连接代词what，who，which，whatever，whoever，whom 等； 3) 连接副词how，when，where，why 等。 2、that在句中无词义，只起连接作用；连接代词和连接副词在句中既保留自己的疑问含义、又起连接作用，在从句中充当从句的成分。注：whom、who指人，what指物，whatever，whoever表示泛指意义。例如： What he wants to tell us is not clear. 他要跟我们说什么，还不清楚。 Who will win the match is still unknown. 谁能赢得这场比赛还不得而知。 It is known to us how he became a writer. 我们都知道他是如何成为一名作家的。 Where the English evening will be held has not yet been announced. 英语晚会将在哪里举行，还没有宣布。 注意：有时为避免句子头重脚轻，常用形式主语it代替主语从句作形式主语放于句首，而把主语从句置于句末。主语从句后的谓语动词一般用单数形式。常用句型如下： （1）It + be + 名词 + that从句：It is a fact that 事实是 It is an honour that 非常荣幸 It is common knowledge that …是常识 It is a pity that 遗憾…… （2）It + be + 动词的过去分词+ that从句: It is said that 据说 It is reported that 据报道 It has been proved that 已经证明 It is believed that … 人们认为 It is supposed that… 据猜测 （3）It + 不及物动词（vi） + that 从句： It seems that 似乎 It happened that 碰巧 It appears that 似乎 （4）It + be + 形容词 + that从句 It is natural that… 很自然… It is strange that… 奇怪的是… 注意:在主语从句中用来表示惊奇、不相信、惋惜、理应如此等语气时，谓语动词要用虚拟语气“(should) +do”，常用的句型有： It is necessary (important, natural, strange, etc.) that … It is suggested (requested, proposed, desired, etc.) that… 3、It 作形式主语和it引导强调句的比较 ①It 作形式主语代替主语从句，主要是为了平衡句子结构，主语从句的连接词没有变化。②it引导的强调句则是对句子某一部分进行强调，无论强调的是什么成分，都可用连词that引导，被强调部分指人时也可用who/whom。例如： a) It is a pity that you didn’t go to see the film. 你不去看那场电影真可惜。 b) It doesn’t interest me whether you succeed or not. 我对你成功与否不感兴趣。 c) It is in the morning that the murder took place. 谋杀案是在早上发生的。（强调句型） d) It is John that broke the window. 是John打碎的窗户。（强调句型） 4、注意：since, if 不能引导主语从句，但当it做形式主语，主语从句放在句末时，if, whether均可 5、主语从句不可位于句首的五种情况： （1）if 引导的主语从句不可居于复合句句首。 （2）It is said /reported…结构中的主语从句不可提前。例如： 正确表达：It is said that President Jiang will visit our school next week. 错误表达：That President Jiang will visit our school next week is said. （3）It happens/occurs…结构中的主语从句不可提前。例如： 正确表达：It occurred to him that he failed in the examination. 错误表达：That he failed in the examination occurred to him. （4）It doesn’t matter how/whether …结构中的主语从句不可提前。例如： 正确表达：It doesn’t matter whether he is wrong or not. 错误表达：Whether he is wrong or not doesn’t matter. （5）含主语从句的复合句是疑问句时，主语从句不可提前。例如： 正确表达：Is it likely that it will rain in the evening? 错误表达：Is that will rain in the evening likely? 6、what 与that 在引导主语从句时的区别 what 引导主语从句时在句时在从句中充当句子成分，如主语．宾语．表语，而that 则不然。例如： a) What you said yesterday is right. b) That she is still alive is a consolation 三、表语从句 表语从句：在复合句中，位于系动词之后作表语的从句叫表语从句。引导表语从句的关联词与引导主语从句的关联词大致一样，表语从句位于连系动词后，有时用as if引导。 可以接表语从句的系动词有be ,look , remain（保持）, seem等 常用的还有the reason is that … It is because … It appears/seems that… It happens that… It turns out that…（结果是...）等结构 由从属连词，连接代词，连接副词引导，其中that常常可以省略 由as if， as though 引导 It looks as if… It seems as if… why, because 都可以引导表语从句，但why强调结果，because强调理由 当主语为suggestion, order, requirement, advice, request, demand 等这类名词时，表语从句用虚拟语气（should）do if不能引导表语从句 注意：当主语是reason时，表语从句要用that引导而不是because。例如： The reason why he was late was that he missed the train by one minute this morning . 【注意】whether 可引导表语从句，但与之同义的if却通常不用于引导表语从句。 四、同位语从句 1、同位语从句说明其前面的名词的具体内容。同位语从句通常由that引导，that不可以省略 由whether引导，不可用if 2、可用于同位语从句的名词有belief、advice、demand、doubt（怀疑）、possibility、though、proposal、case、fact、hope、idea、information、message、news、order、problem、promise、question、request、suggestion、truth、wish、word等。例如： The news that we won the game is exciting. 我们赢得这场比赛的消息令人激动。 I have no idea when he will come back home. 我不知道他什么时候回来。 The thought came to him that Mary had probably fallen ill. 他想到可能玛丽生病了。 3、在no idea后用wh-疑问词引导 4、 同位语从句与定语从句的区别 (1) 定语从句中的that既代替先行词，同时以在从句中作某个成分（主语或宾语），而同位语从句中的that是连词，只起连接主句与从句的作用，不充当句中任何成分。 (2) 定语从句是形容词性的，其功能是修饰先行词，对先行词加以限定，描述定的性质或特征；同位语从句是名词性的，其功能是对名词进行补充说明。例如： 1) The news that he told me is that Tom would go abroad next year.（他告诉我的消息是汤姆明年将出国。）（第一个that引导的从句是定语从句，that在从句中作宾语） 2)The news that Tom would go abroad is told by him.（汤姆将出国的消息是他讲的。）（同位语从句，that在句中不作任何成分）
五、宾语从句 宾语从句：名词从句用作宾语的从句叫宾语从句。由从属连词、连接代词、连接副词引导。 1. 由连接词that引导的宾语从句 由连接词that引导宾语从句时，that在句中不担任任何成分，在口语或非正式的文体中常被省去，但如从句是并列句时,第二个分句前的that不可省。例如： He has told me that he will go to Shanghai tomorrow. 他已经告诉我他明天要去上海。 We must never think (that) we are good in everything while others are good in nothing. 我们决不能认为自己什么都好，别人什么都不好。 注意：在demand、order（命令）、suggest、decide、insist（坚持）, desire, urge，advice，propose，require，request, command（命令）, doubt等表示要求、命令、建议、决定等意义的动词后，宾语从句常用“（should）+ 动词原形”。例如： I insist that she (should) do her work alone. 我坚持要她自己工作。 The commander ordered that troops (should) set off at once. 司令员命令部队马上出发。 2. 用who，whom, which, whose, what, when, where, why, how, whoever, whatever, whichever等关联词引导的宾语从句相当于特殊疑问句，应注意句子语序要用陈述语序。例如： I want to know what he has told you. 我想知道他告诉了你什么。 She always thinks of how she can work well. 她总是在想怎样能把工作做好。 She will give whoever needs help a warm support. 凡需要帮助的人，她都会给予热情的支持。 3. 用whether或if引导的宾语从句，其主语和谓语的顺序也不能颠倒，仍保持陈述句语序。此外，whether与if 在作“是否”的意思讲时在下列情况下一般只能用whether，不用if： a. 引导主语从句并在句首时；b. 引导表语从句时；c . 引导从句作介词宾语时；d. 从句后有“or not”时；e. 后接动词不定式时。例如： Whether there is life on the moon is an interesting question. 月球上有没有生命是个有趣的问题。 Everything depends on whether we have enough money. 一切要看我们是否有足够的钱。 I wonder whether he will come or not. 我想知道他来还是不来。 Can you tell me whether to go or to stay? 你能否告诉我是去还是留？ 4. 注意宾语从句中的时态呼应，当主句动词是现在时，从句根据自身的句子情况，而使用 不同时态。例如： I know (that) he studies English every day. （从句用一般现在时） I know (that) he studied English last term. （从句用一般过去时） I know (that) he will study English next year. （从句用一般将来时） I know (that) he has studied English since 1998. （从句用现在完成时） 当主句动词是过去时态（could, would除外），从句则要用相应的过去时态，如一般过去时，过去进行时，过去将来时等；当从句表示的是客观真理，科学原理，自然现象，则从句仍用现在时态。例如： The teacher told us that Tom had left us for America． 5. think, believe, imagine, suppose，guess,expect,fancy,consider等等动词引起的否定性宾语从句中，要把上述主句中的动词变为否定式。即将从句中的否定形式移到主句中。例如： We don’t think you are here. 我们认为你不在这。 I don’t believe he will do so. 我相信他不会这样做。 6、后面不能接that从句的动词有：condemn谴责，判刑 force强迫 take拿走 forgive原谅 dislike不喜欢 refuse拒绝 let like love help admire羡慕 allow celebrate cause 注：以上动词后不能接that从句，但可以用不定式，动名词做宾语。 六、whether与if 均为"是否"的意思。 但在下列情况下，只可用whether： 1. whether引导主语从句并在句首时，只能用whether，当it做形式主语，主语放句首时，whether，if均可 eg:whether he can come to the party on time depends on the traffic 2. 引导表语从句 eg:The question is whether we can get in touch with her 3. whether从句作介词宾语 e.g:It depends on whether he will come. 4.if与whether都可以与or not 连用，但后面紧跟or not 时只能用whether We didn't know whether or not she was ready.（此时只能用whether） I wonder whether/if the news is true or not.（此时则二者都可以用） 5. 引导同位语从句 Whether he will come is not clear. 6.后接不定式时 Eg I don’t know whether to go. 7.在discuss后只能用whether 注意：（1）大部分连接词引导的主语从句都可以置于句末，用 it充当形式主语。It is not important who will go. It is still unknown which team will win the match. （2）whether从句中不能有否定式，而if可以 I don’t care if he doesn’t come.
七、名词性that-从句 （1）由从属连词that引导的从句叫做名词性that-从句。That只起连接主句和从句的作用，在从句中不担任任何成分，本身也没有词义。名词性that-从句在句中能充当主 语、宾语、表语、同位语和形容词宾语，例如： 主语：That she is still alive is her luck. 她还活着全靠运气。 宾语：John said that he was leaving for London on Wednesday. 约翰说他星期三要到伦敦去。 表语：The fact is that he has not been seen recently. 事实是近来谁也没有见过他。 同位语：The fact that he has not been seen recently disturbs everyone in his office. 近来谁也没有见过他，这一事实令办公室所有的人不安。 形容词宾语：I am glad that you are satisfied with your job. 你对工作满意我感到很高兴。 2）That-从句作主语通常用it作先行词，而将that-从句置于句末，例如： It is quite clear that the whole project is doomed to failure. 很清楚，整个计划注定要失败。 It's a pity that you should have to leave. 你非走不可真是件憾事。 用it作形式主语的that-从句有以下四种不同的搭配关系： a. It + be +形容词+ that-从句 It is necessary that… 有必要…… It is important that… 重要的是…… It is obvious that… 很明显…… b. It + be + -ed 分词+ that-从句 It is believed that… 人们相信…… It is known to all that… 众所周知…… It has been decided that… 已决定…… c. It + be +名词+ that-从句 It is common knowledge that… ……是常识 It is a surprise that… 令人惊奇的是…… It is a fact that… 事实是…… d. It +不及物动词+ that-从句 It appears that… 似乎…… It happens that… 碰巧…… It occurred to me that… 我突然想起…… 八、名词性wh-从句 1）由wh-词引导的名词从句叫做名词性wh-从句。Wh-词包括who, whom,. whose, whoever, what, whatever, which, whichever等连接代词和where, when, how, why等连接副词。Wh-从句的语法功能除了和that-从句一样外，还可充当介词宾语、宾语补语和间接宾语等，例如： 主语： How the book will sell depends on its author. 书销售如何取决于作者本人。 直接宾语：In one's own home one can do what one likes. 在自己家里可以随心所欲。 间接宾语：The club will give whoever wins a prize. 俱乐部将给得胜者设奖。 表语： My question is who will take over president of the Foundation. 我的问题是谁将接任该基金会主席职位。 宾语补足语：She will name him whatever she wants to. 她高兴给他起什么名字就取什么名字。 同位语： I have no idea when he will return. 我不知道他什么时候回来。 形容词宾语：I'm not sure why she refused their invitation. 我尚不能肯定她为什么拒绝他们的邀请。 介词宾语： That depends on where we shall go. 那取决于我们去哪儿。 2）Wh-从句作主语也常用先行词it做形式主语，而将wh-从句置于句末，例如： It is not yet decided who will do that job. 还没决定谁做这项工作。 It remains unknown when they are going to get married. 他们何时结婚依然不明。 九、if, whether引导的名词从句 1）yes-no型疑问从句 从属连词if, whether引导的名词从句是由一般疑问句或选择疑问转化而来的，因此也分别被称为yes-no型疑问句从句和选择型疑问从句，其功能和wh-从句的功能相同， 例如： 主语：Whether the plan is feasible remains to be proved. 这一计划是否可行还有待证实。 宾语：Let us know whether / if you can finish the article before Friday. 请让我们知道你是否能在星期五以前把文章写完。 表语：The point is whether we should lend him the money. 问题在于我们是否应该借钱给他。 同位语：They are investigating the question whether the man is trustworthy. 他们调查他是否值得信赖。 形容词宾语： She's doubtful whether we shall be able to come. 她怀疑我们是否能够前来。 介词宾语： I worry about whether he can pass through the crisis of his illness. 我担心他是否能度过疾病的危险期。 2）选择性疑问从句 选择性疑问从句由关联词if/whether…or或whether…or not构成，例如： Please tell me whether / if they are Swedish or Danish. 请告诉我他们是瑞典人还是丹麦人。 I don't care whether you like the plan or not.我不在乎你是否喜欢该计划。 if和whether的区别： 1、 在动词不定式之前只能用whether 。如： 例8 I can’t decide whether to stay. 我不能决定是否留下。 2、 在whether …… or not 的固定搭配中。如： 例9 I want to know whether it’s good news or not . 我想知道是否是好消息。 3 、在介词后，只能用whether。如： 例10 His father is worried about whether he lose his work . 他的父亲担心是否会失去工作。 4、宾语从句放在句首表示强调时，只能用whether 。如： Whether this is true or not, I really don’t know. 这是否真的，我真的不知道。 （例11 Whether they can finish the work on time is still a problem . 他们是否能准时完成这项工作还是个问题。－－此例为主语从句，有误，感谢指出） 5、用if会引起歧义时，只用whether。如： 例12 Could you tell me if you know the answer ? 这句话有两种意思：“你能告诉我是否知道答案吗？”或“如果你知道答案，请告诉我，好吗？”。如用whether可避免歧义. 十、否定转移 1) 将think, believe, suppose, expect, fancy, imagine等动词后面宾语从句的否定词转移到主句中，即主句的谓语动词用否定式，而从句的谓语动词用肯定式。 I don't think I know you. 我想我并不认识你。 I don' t believe he will come. 我相信他不回来。 注意：若谓语动词为hope,宾语从句中的否定词不能转移。 I hope you weren't ill. 我想你没有生病吧。 2) 将seem, appear 等后的从句的否定转移到前面。 It doesn't seem that they know where to go. 看来他们不知道往哪去。 It doesn't appear that we'll have a sunny day tomorrow. 看来我们明天不会碰上好天气。 3) 有时将动名词，介词短语或整个从句的否定转变为对谓语动词的否定。 I don't remember having ever seen such a man. 我记得从未见过这样一个人。 (not否定动名词短语 having…) It's not a place where anyone would expect to see strange characters on the street. 在这里，人们不会想到在街上会碰上陌生的人。 (anyone 作主语，从句中的谓语动词不能用否定形式。) 4) 有时状语或状语从句中否定可以转移到谓语动词前。 The ant is not gathering this for itself alone. (否定状语) 蚂蚁不只是为自己采食。 He was not ready to believe something just because Aristotle said so. (否定because状语) 他并不因亚里斯多德说过如何如何，就轻信此事。 She had not been married many weeks when that man's younger brother saw her and was struck by her beauty. (否定状语many weeks) 她结婚还不到几个星期，这个人的弟弟就看见她了，并对她的美貌着了迷。
考点一 主语从句 主语从句在主句中作主语，位于主句谓语动词之前，但多数情况下由it作形式主语，而把真正的主语放在句子的后面，其句型结构为：It＋be＋n./adj.＋that/whether/why/when＋从句。 It never occurred to me that you could succeed in persuading him to change his mind. 我真的没有想到你能说服他改变主意。 It is uncertain what side effect the medicine will bring about，although about two thousand patients have taken it. 尽管已经有两千名病人服用了这种药品，但是，这种药品会带来什么副作用还不明确。 Whether there are living creatures in the outer space as those on Earth hasn't been proved up to now. 外太空是否存在像地球上一样的生物迄今尚未确定 考点二 同位语从句 1．同位语从句常放在fact，news，idea，truth，hope，problem，information，belief，thought，doubt 等名词的后面，是对前面的名词作进一步的解释，说明前面名词的具体含义。 There seems to be no possibility that Li Hua can win the first prize in the 100meter race. 看起来似乎李华在一百米比赛中没有可能获得一等奖。 There is a popular belief among the Europeans that chicken soup can help cure flu. 欧洲人普遍相信鸡汤可以帮助治愈流感。 The question has been raised at the meeting whether each member country should equally share the expense of the committee. 每一个成员国是否均等分担委员会的费用在会议上提出。 I have no idea when he will come back. 我不知道他将何时回来。 2．同位语从句与定语从句的区别： 同位语从句是对前面名词的内容作进一步的解释、说明，引导词只起引导作用，不在句中作任何成分，一般不可省略。定语从句是对前面名词进行修饰、限制，引导词在句中作一定的句子成分。 The news that they had won the game soon spread over the whole school. 他们赢得比赛的消息很快就传遍了整个学校。(此句为同位语从句，进一步解释“the news”的内容) The news you told me yesterday was really disappointing. 你昨天告诉我的消息真的很令人失望。(此句是定语从句，它指的是“你昨天告诉我的那个消息”) 考点三 表语从句 表语从句在句中作表语，位于主句的系动词之后。引导表语从句的连词有that，whether，as if；疑问代词有who，what，which；疑问副词where，why，when，how等。 The problem is that we don't have much time left. 问题是我们剩下的时间很少。 My question is who is responsible for all this. 我的问题是谁对这事负责。 考点四“疑问词＋ever”与“no matter＋疑问词”的区别 “疑问词＋ever”与“no matter＋疑问词”虽然都有“无论……”的意思，但是用法有区别：“疑问词＋ever”既可以引导名词性从句也可引导状语从句，而“no matter＋疑问词只能用来引导状语从句。 The poor young man is ready to accept whatever help he can get. 这位可怜的年青人无论什么样的帮助都乐意接受。 The howto book can be of help to whoever wants to do the job. 指南类的书对想从事这项工作的人会有帮助。 Whatever/No matter what you say ，I will not believe you. 无论你说什么，我都不会相信你。 语法训练 1．(2011年高考重庆卷)It is still under discussion________ the old bus station should be replaced with a modern hotel or not. A．whether B．when C．which D．where 解析：本题考查名词性从句。句意：那个旧公交车站是否应该被一家现代化宾馆所取代仍在讨论中。“It”作形式主语，“________the old bus station should be replaced with a modern hotel or not”作真正的主语。根据句意及题干中的“or not”可知答案为whether，“whether...or not”在名词性从句中意为：是否。 答案：A 2．(2011年高考湖南卷) Before a problem can be solved, it must be obvious________the problem itself is. A．what B．that C．which D．why 解析：本题考查名词性从句。句意：在一个问题得到解决之前，必须要清楚问题本身是什么。根据句子结构可知it作形式主语，后面的“________ the problem itself is ”作真正的主语，该从句缺少表语，故用what引导。 答案：A 3．(2011年高考四川卷) The school shop，________customers are mainly students，is closed for the holidays. A．which B．whose C．when D．where 解析：句意：这家校内商店放假时关门，它的顾客主要是学生。考查定语从句。本句没有并列连词也没有从属连词，故可判断逗号后面是非限制性定语从句；本句先行词是the school shop，还原到从句后为：The school shop's customers are mainly students.因此选B，用whose引导定语从句，关系代词whose在从句中作定语。 答案：B 4．(2011年高考山东卷)The old town has narrow streets and small houses________are built close to each other. A．they B．where C．what D．that 解析：句意：这个古老的小镇拥有建造得彼此靠得很近的狭窄街道和小房子。本题考查定语从句。先行词是narrow streets and small houses，还原到从句中作主语，所以用关系代词that。A和C不能引导定语从句；B是关系副词，不能作主语。 答案：D 5．(2011年高考湖南卷)Julie was good at German, French and Russian，all of________she spoke fluently. A．who B．whom C．which D．that 解析：句意：Julie擅长德语、法语和俄语，所有的(三门语言)她都说得很流利。先行词为German，French，Russian，代入定语从句后为：She spoke all of the three languages fluently.由此可见，先行词在定语从句中作of的宾语，先行词指“物”，且介词提前，故用which。 答案：C 6．(2012年武汉联考)Faced with trouble or difficulty，a person takes________ help that is available. A．whatever B．whenever C．wherever D．however 解析：句意：面对困难或挫折，一个人会接受任何可能得到的帮助。whatever在此修饰help，意为“无论什么”，而其他三个选项，不作形容词，不能修饰名词，故排除。 答案：A 7. (2011年银川调研)She is very dear to us. We have been prepared to do________ it takes to save her life. A．whichever B．however C．whatever D．whoever 解析：句意：她对我们弥足珍贵。我们已经准备好尽一切努力挽救她的生命。这里的whatever既作take的宾语，也引导do后的宾语从句。 答案：C 8．(2011年郑州调研)Being angry is OK, but knowing how to tell someone________made you angry is important. A．that B．which C．why D．what 解析：考查名词性从句。句意：生气没什么，但是知道如何告诉别人什么导致你生气是很重要的。tell someone之后是宾语从句，且从句缺少主语，因此空处填what。 答案：D 9．Mother bought many tomatoes from the market two days ago，________some have gone bad due to the bad weather. A．of those B．from which C．of which D．in which 解析：考查定语从句。此处表示“其中的一些西红柿”，故用“介词＋关系代词”引导非限制性定语从句。 答案：C 10．Everyone will go through life's stages of ups and downs，________selfrespect plays a key role in the maturity of a person. A．when B．which C. as D. that 解析：考查定语从句。句意：每个人都将经历人生的浮沉阶段，其间，自尊在一个人的成熟过程中起着关键作用。根据句意可知，后半句是定语从句，when在从句中作状语。 答案：A 11．(2012年扬州测试)________you didn't know the rules won't be an excuse for your failure to report. A．That B．Where C．What D．Why 解析：考查主语从句。句意：不要把你不知道规则作为你报道失败的借口。that引导陈述句作主语，that不能省略。 答案：A 12．(2012年南京模拟)In recent years, there has been a heated argument about________it is necessary for children to learn English from an early age. A．whether B．if C．what D．that 解析：考查宾语从句。空白处在介词about之后，表示“是否”之意，且在介词之后引导宾语从句，只能用whether，介词后通常不用if引导宾语从句。 答案：A 13．The whole family were worried about Jane because no one was aware________she had gone. A．that where B．of the place which C．of what D．of where 解析：句意：全家人都为詹妮担心，因为没人知道她去哪里了。be aware of知道，为固定搭配；where引导的从句作介词of的宾语。 答案：D 14．As a teacher，I seldom give my students so difficult a problem________they cannot work out. A．that B．if C．in order that D．as 解析：句意：作为老师，我很少给我的学生难以解决的问题。先行词为so difficult a problem，代入定语从句后为：They cannot work out so difficult a problem.由此可见先行词在定语从句中作宾语。“so或such＋名词”作先行词、且先行词在定语从句中作主语、宾语或表语时，需用as引导定语从句。本题易误选为A项，用that引导状语从句，但状语从句应是完整的，所以，如选A项，题干应该为：As a teacher，I seldom give my students so difficult a problem that they cannot work it out.作为老师，我很少给我的学生如此难的问题以至他们不能解决。 答案：D 15．－How are you getting along with your project? －I was about to give up when an idea occurred to me________I could work with my roommate Tim. A．that B．how C．why D．whether 解析：考查名词性从句。从句I could work with my roommate Tim句意完整，不缺少成分，因此使用that引导同位语从句解释说明idea的内容。 答案：A
名 词 性 从 句 专 项 练 习
1. I am wondering _______ he expects will win the gold medal in Men's Single.
A. whom B. who C. which D. what
2. My parents don’t care _______ my pocket money goes, but one thing is sure: the money spent must be worthwhile.
A. why B. when C. where D. how
3. —Excuse me, but have you ever seen my book?
—Sorry, I am not sure, a person just took a book away, but I don’t know _______.
A. whereB. whichC. whatD. whose
4. Dad’s coming. What present _______ for your birthday?
A. you expect he has got B. you expect has he got
C. do you expect he has got D. do you expect has he got
5. The whole family were worried about Jane because no one was aware _______ she had gone.
A. that where B. of the place whichC. of what D. of where
6. Talking of the car accident, there is in today’s paper an accurate account of _______ it happened last night.
A. whichB. howC. whenD. what
7. When asked _______ they needed most, the kids said they wanted to feel important and loved.
A. whatB. that C. whomD. which
8. It is _______ you deal with difficulties that shows _______ you are really like.
A. what; what B. how; what C. how; that D. which; how
9. _______ is known to us is that time is limited and precious.
A. What B. ThatC. It D. As
10. When you get your paper back, pay special attention to _______ have been marked.
A. whereB. whichC. whatD. that
11. It’s a common scene now in Chile that families cry helplessly over _______ is left of their homes.
A. that B. which C. there D. what
12. _______ surprises us most is that she doesn’t even know _______ the difference between the two lies.
A. What; whereB. All; whichC. What; thatD. That; where
13. _______ has recently been done to provide more buses for people, a shortage of public vehicles remains a serious problem.
A. That B. What C. In spite of what D. Though what
14. I don't say I am against their plan. But the trouble is _______ they do doesn't agree with what they say.
A. what that B. that what C. if what D. what if
15. Being a good listener is a kind of quality and that’s _______ it takes to keep friendship.
A. how B. what C. which D. where
16. After ten years’ absence she came back，only to find her old house was not _______ it used to be.
A. whichB. whatC. whenD. how
17. The North Pole isn’t _______ people consider a pleasant place for creatures to live in as the average winter temperature there is -40℃.
A. which B. that C. how D. what
18. Most of _______ we call geniuses (天才)are successful only because they have made extraordinary efforts.
A. whom B. whoC. whatD. which
19. After _______ seemed hours of waiting in line, finally it was my turn to take the oral exam.
A. that B. it C. what D. which
20. After _______ was about ten minutes, the teacher gave the students the correct answer to the question.
A. thatB. itC. whichD. what
21. After five hours' drive, they reached _______ the local called Paradise they'd been dreaming of.
A. that B. where C. which D. what
22. It was not until dark _______ he found _______ he thought was the correct way to solve the problem.
A. when; what B. when; that C. that; what D. that; that
23. She has been in _______ doctors describe as a vegetative (植物的) state for six years.
A. whatB. whichC. thatD. how
24. — You can’t imagine _______ fantastic fun web chatting is.
— Really? But it may cause a lot of trouble sometimes.
A. what B. how C. whyD. whether
25. Sorry I’m so late, but you cannot imagine _______ great trouble I took to find your house.
A. whatB. howC. whyD. when
26. Having checked the doors were closed, and _______ all the lights were off, the woman opened the door to her bedroom.
A. whyB. thatC. whenD. where
27. It has been proved _______ taking exercise regularly does good to one’s health.
A. whetherB. whenC. whatD. that
28. It never occurred to humans until the mid-1990s _______ some animals can be cloned.
A. where B. that C. when D. what
29. As far as I see, _______ is no possibility _______ he will win the tennis match this time.
30. Susan’s way of life is different from her brother’s in _______ she has never prepared for
her old age.
A. it B. that C. which D. what
31. Liquids are like solids ________ they have a definite volume.
A. in that B. so that C. with that D. for that
32. Please put the medicine on the top of the shelf. It’s _______ our children can’t reach it.
A. whatB. thatC. whereD. how
33. It is _______ you deal with difficulties that shows _______ you are really like.
A. what; what B. how; what C. how; that D. which; how
34. —Are you firmly against any independence move by Taiwan?
—Of course. This is _______ our basic interest lies.
A. why B. when C. where D. what
35. We should consider the students' request _______ the school library provide more books on popular science.
A. that B. when C. which D. where
36. Thomas set off, leaving word with his daughter _______ he would come back soon.
A. who B. when C. what D. that
37. A plan has been put forward_______ more graduates should go to work in the country this year.
A. when B. that C. whether D. how
38. Danby left a message with the professor _______ he would call again in the afternoon.
A. whoB. thatC. asD. which
39. It’s said that the problem _______ we need more time to meet the reconstruction targets has been solved.
A. whether B. if C. which D. what
40. The question came up at the meeting __ we had enough money for our research.高.考.资.源.网
A. whether B. that C. which D. what
41. What the doctors really doubt is _______ the famous actor will recover from the serious disease.
A. which B. whether C. that D. why
42. Kevin consulted his teacher about_______ he should study abroad after graduation.
A. whetherB. whereC. when D. that
43. Have we decided to turn to _______ can help us out of trouble?
A. whom B. whomever C. no matter who D. whoever
44. — I think this accident happened for many reasons.
— Richard is partly to blame, _______ way you look at it.
A. whatB. whichC. whateverD. whichever
45. Everyone needs to have a dream, and you can make it a giant one, a tiny one, an old everlasting one, or just _______. Then, Go and Do It!
A. however B. whenever C. whatever D. wherever
46. Actually, _______ works hard can be _______ he wants to be, whether it is a pilot, an engineer or a manager.
A. anyone; whoever B. whoever; whatever
C. who; no matter what D. no matter who; whomever
47. The world body is committed to do _______ it can to assist the people of Haiti suffering from the big earthquake.
A. howeverB. no matter whatC. whateverD. no matter which
48. Actually, anyone can be _______ he wants to be, a doctor, a teacher ,a lawyer, a scientist or a manager so long as he sets his mind on it.
A. who B. whoeverC. whomever D. whatever
49. _______ pushes for Taiwan independence will come to no good end.
A. Whoever B. Those whoC. Anyone whom D. No matter who
50. They are discussing in the next room_______ will go to the conference on behalf of the manager.
A.whoeverB. who C.whatD.whomever
We haven’t discussed yet _______ we are going to place our new furniture.
A. that B. which C. what D. where
—Have you finished the book？
—No. I’ve read up to _______ the children discover the secret cave.
A. which B. what C. that D. where
I want to be liked and loved for _______ I am inside.
A. who B. where C. what D. how
Part of the reason Charles Dickens loved his own novel, David Copperfield, was_______ it was rather closely modeled on his own life.
A. what B. that C. why D. whether
_______ some people regard as a drawback is seen as a plus by many others.
A. Whether B. What C. That D. How
We should respect food and think about the people who don’t have _______ we have here and treat food nicely.
A. that B. which C. what D. whether
Cindy shut the door heavily and burst into tears. No one in the office knew_______ she was so angry.
A. where B. whether C. that D. why
— I prefer shutting myself in and listening to music all day on Sundays.
— That’s_______ I don’t agree.You should have a more active life.
A.where B.how C.when D.what
— It’s no use having ideas only.
— Don’t worry. Peter can show you _______ to turn an idea into an act.
A. howB. whoC. what D. where
Before the sales start, I make a list of _______ my kids will need for the coming season.
A. why B. what C.how D. which
It never occurred to me _______ you could succeed in persuading him to change his mind.
A. which B. what C. that D. if
How much one enjoys himself travelling depends largely on _______ he goes with，whether his friends or relatives.
A. what B. who C. how D. why
As a new graduate, he doesn’t know _______ it takes to start a business here.
A. how B. what C. when D. which
To improve the quality of our products,we asked for suggestions _______ had used the products.
A.whoever B. who C. whichever D.which
— How about camping this weekend, just for a change?
— OK,_______ you want.
A. whichever B. however C. whatever D. whoever
It is uncertain _______ side effect the medicine will bring about, although about two thousand patients have taken it.
A. that B. what C. how D. whether
One reason for her preference for city life is _______ she can have easy access to places likeshops and restaurants.
A. that B. how C. what D. why
When changing lanes, a driver should use his turning signal to let other drivers know _______ .
A. he is entering which lane B. which lane he is entering
C. is he entering which lane D. which lane is he entering
19. —I believe we will have a good time with Miss Green in your birthday party.
—Maybe. But it is still a question, you know, _______ she can spare time to come.
A. whetherB. where C. that D. which
20. —It’s reported that the new underground line has been completed.
—Yes, but it hasn’t been made clear _______ it’s to be opened to traffic.
A. that B. who C. whatD. when
21. _______ life began on the earth is one of the biggest puzzles to scientists.
A. HowB. WhatC. WhereD. That
22. The policy of the mainland is very clear and straightforward, and the key problem is _______ the leaders of Taiwan will accept it.
A. that B. whether C. why D. how
23. It must be somebody’s, but I don’t know _______.
A. who B. which C. whose D. whom
24. As a matter of fact, much of _______ we read on the Internet every day is groundless or nonsense.
A. that B. which C. what D. it
25. — What's the matter? You seem rather cross.
— I was asked to pay _______ this ugly shirt is worth.
A. twice what B. twice that C. twice of what D. twice of that
26. Thanks to the application of new farming methods, output is now six times _______ it was before 2000.
A. that B. what C. whichD. how
27. After five hours’ drive, they reached _______ they thought was the place they had been dreaming of.
A. where B. whatC. which D. that
28. These two countries are similar _______ they both have a high snowfall during winter.
A. to which B. in which C. in that D. except that
29. It was a matter of _______ would replace Mr.Wang to take the position.
A. whoB. whoeverC. whomD. whomever
30. In order to search for the escaped murderer, the police decided to question _______ came along this road.
A. who B. whom C. whoever D. whomever
31. Though having discussed it for long, they still haven’t reached an agreement _______ they should pour more money into the project.
A. thatB. ifC. whetherD. what
32. A growing anxiety is disturbing the public _______ the economy will continuously decline.
A. which B. that C. why D. what
33. —It’s difficult for college graduates to find a good job in China.
—It depends on _______ they are equipped for today’s world.
A. thatB. which C. whether D. what
34. The last time we had great fun was _____ we were visiting the Water Park.
A. whereB. how C. when D. why
35. —You know, I’m poor in Chinese, you are not good at English, and …
—That’s _______ we should help each other.
A. when B. whereC. howD. what
36. Watch out! _______ caught smoking here shall be fined.
A. WhoeverB. WhomeverC. AnyoneD. No matter who
37. What do you think of his suggestion _______ we organize a football club?
A. which B. whether C. that D. what
38. _______ the zoologists tried to prove was that the photo of the South China Tiger had been staged or technologically dealt with.
A. ThatB. WhyC. WhetherD. What
39. Pupils usually would like to take _______ advice their teachers give.
A. whichever B. however C. whatever D. whenever
40. What impresses me most is ______ he appears in front of others, he wears a sincere and charming smile.