第1部分：词汇选项(第1～1 5题，每题1分，共15分)下面每个句子中均有1个词或短语划有底横线，请为每处划线部分确定1个意义最为接近的选项。 1. She exhibited great powers of endurance during the climb. A. play B. send C. show D. tell 2. The eternal motion of the stars fascinated him. A. long B. never-ending C. boring D. extensive 3. She could not answer， it was an immense load off her heart. A. natural B. fatal C. tiny D. enormous 4. The book made a great impact on its readers. A. force B. influence C. surprise D. power 5. Accompanied by cheerful music， we began to dance. A. pleasant B. colorful C. fashionable D. different 6. He was not eligible for the examination because he was over age. A. competitive B. diligent C. qualified D. competent 7. Her novel depicts an ambitious Chinese. A. writes B. sketches C. describes D. indicates 8. Don't irritate her，she's on a short fuse today. A. tease B. attract C. annoy D. protect 9. It is absurd to go out in such terrible weather. A. ridiculous B. funny C. odd D. interesting 10. I notified him that my address had changed. A. informed B. observed C. mocked D. misled 11. The manager allocate duties to the clerks. A. assign B. persuade C. ask D. order 12. The once barren hillsides are now good farmland. A. hairless B. bare C. empty D. bald 13. It is postulated that a cure for the disease will have been found by the year 2000. A. challenged B. assumed C. deducted D. decreed 14. We must abide by the rules. A. stick to B. persist in C. safeguard D. apply 15. From my standpoint，you know，this thing is just funny. A. position B. point of view C. knowledge D. opinion
16. Thanks to the help of this sonic device， blind people can hear obstacles in the way speaking out their names. A. Right B. Wrong C. Not mentioned 17. Dr. Smith hopes to make this device smaller so as to help the blind navigate unfamiliar places. A. Right B. Wrong C. Not mentioned 18. Although this device will be useful， most of the blind may not afford it. A. Right B. Wrong C. Not mentioned 19. According to Dr. Oberdor，this device can lead the blind people to the exact place he/she wants to go. A. Right B. Wrong C. Not mentioned 20. The blind can hear better than ordinary people. A. Right B. Wrong C. Not mentioned 21. Scientists intend to reduce the weight of this device to ten pound. A. Right B. Wrong C. Not mentioned 22. Sensory psychophysics play a vital part in the invention of this device. A. Right B. Wrong C. Not mentioned
A．Nuclear Reactions as the Lasting Source of the Sun’s Energy B．The Most Important Source of Energy C．Types of Electromagnetic Energy D．X-rays Are Used to Detect and Treat Cancer． E．Seeking New Sources of Energy F．Nuclear Energy is Beginning to Compete with Coal
27. Visible light that produce warmth is an example of __________． 28. We can use energy from the sun because __________． 29. The energy stored in coal __________． 30. __________ when electron rearrangement takes place.
A．electromagnetic energy B．electromagnetic energy travels through space C．came from the sun D．when a change in the nucleus of an atom takes place E．when the sunrays are fierce F．chemical energy is generated
31. AI means the same as A. an image. B. an idea. C. anyone in the water. D. artificial intelligence. 32. What is required of AI software to save a life? A. It must be able to swim. B. It must keep walking round the pool. C. It can distinguish between a swimmer and a shadow. D. It can save a life within a few months. 33. How does Poseidon save a life? A. He plunges into the pool. B. It alerts the lifeguard. C. He cries for help. D. it rushes to the pool. 34. Which of the following statements about Trevor Baylis is NOT true? A. He runs. B. He invented the clockwork radio. C. He was once an entertainer. D. He runs a company. 35. The word "considered" in paragraph 5 could be best replaced by A. "thought". B. "rated". C. "regarded". D. "believed".
36. Which of the following about the significance of the research on cryptic species is NOT true? A. The results of the research can help the development of many other research areas. B. The results of the research can help the development of biodiversity estimates. C. The results of the research can help our understanding of infectious disease evolution. D. The results of the research can help our understanding of "survival of the fittest". 37. What was scientists' understanding of cryptic species? A. They occurred in equal numbers in all biogeographical regions. B. They were mostly found in insects and reptiles. C. They were likely to be in tropical rather than temperate regions. D. Both B and C. 38. Do scientists know how many cryptic species exist? A. Not yet. B. Yes， they do. C. They will know the answer in another one or two-years. D. They will never know the answer. 39. Which of the following about the African bush elephant and the African elephant is true? A. The WCU are interbreeding those elephants. B. They are interbreeding species. C. They are two genetically distant species. D. They depend on each other for survival. 40. People were confused in their attempts to control malaria in Europe in the early 1900s， because scientists A. identified only one mosquito species instead of six species. B. thought only three mosquito species transmitted disease. C. thought there was only one mosquito species. D. did not know what species was being studied.
41. What problem does the authors of the new analysis raise? A. The coal reserves are big enough. B. All the fuel will be burnt before there is enough carbon dioxide. C. Coal-burning could easily make up the shortfall of oil and gas reserves. D. Oil and gas will run out so fast that Earth's doomsday will never materialize. 42. According to IPCC， what can make up the shortfall of the oil and gas reserves? A. Fossil fuels. B. Green fuels. C. Coal-burning. D. Nothing. 43. According to Anders Sivertsson，which of the following statements is ture? A. There will be enough oil and gas if the 40 IPCC scenarios to come to pass. B. We should cut CO2 emissions. C. We should stop using fossil fuels. D. The oil and gas is insufficient even if the 40 IPCC scenarios to come to pass. 44. How much is the IPCC's estimate of oil and gas reserves? A. About 3，500 billion barrels. B. About 8，000 billion barrels. C. About 4，000 billion barrels. D. About 5，000 billion barrels. 45. In the last paragraph， what does the word "switch" stand for? A. Coal-burning to replace the oil and gas. B. Fossil fuels to replace the oil and gas. C. Green fuels to replace the oil and gas. D. The oil and gas to replace the coal-burning.
A. They end up pressing closer together，which makes a person lose a little height and become shorter. B. That's because as the day goes on， water in the disks of the spine gets compressed (squeezed) due to gravity，making you just a tiny bit shorter. C. Over time，bone is said to be lost because it's not being replaced. D. Luckily，there are things that people can do to prevent shrinking. E. For older people，shrinking isn't that dramatic or sudden at all. F. There are a few reasons.
51. A. numbers B. music C. secrets D. films 52. A. appeals B. appoint C. appears D. applies 53. A. because B. unless C. although D. still 54. A. about B. in C. for D. behind 55. A. criminals B. people C. men D. policemen 56. A. when B. until C. before D. than 57. A. device B. paper C. file D. document 58. A. However B. So C. But D. Nevertheless 59. A. invisible B. non-existent C. visible D. apparent 60. A. card B. keys C. screen D. speaker 61. A. of B. up C. on D. into 62. A. upon B. back C. without D. with 63. A. was given B. belonged C. was owned D. became 64. A. Generally B. Surprisingly C. Disappointedly D. Shortly 65. A. explanation B. discovery C. book D. list
第1部分：词汇选项 1．C【解析】译文：她在攀登过程中表现出极大的耐力。 划线词的意思是“展示，展览”，C项意为“展示，表明”，例：Her laziness showed in her exam results．她平时懒惰从她的考试成绩可以看得出来。 A项意为“玩；播放”，例：I could hear music playing on the radio．我听到收音机里演奏着音乐。 B项意为“发送”，例：She sent me a Christmas card．她给我寄来一张圣诞贺卡。 D项意为“讲(述)，告诉；吩咐；认出；显示；生效”，例：I always tell my daughter a story before she goes to sleep．女儿睡觉之前，我总讲故事给她听。 2．B【解析】译文：星体永恒的运行使他着迷。 划线词的意思是“永恒的，永久的”，B项意为“不停的，无限的”，例：I’m tired of your never-ending complaints．我听腻了你那没完没了的抱怨。 A项意为“长(期)的(地)；渴望”，例：We have，however，a rather long way to go．我们仍然还有好多路要走。 C项意为“令人厌烦的，无聊的”，例：He’s likeable enough，but a bit boring．他挺讨人喜欢，就是有点无聊。 D项意为“广大的，广阔的；广泛的”，例：The teacher had both extensive knowledge and profound scholarship．先生的学问博大精深。 3．D【解析】译文：她心头如释重负。无言回答。 划线词的意思是“广大的，巨大的”，D项意为“巨大的，庞大的”，例：Their sitting room was enormous．他们的起居室很大。A项意为“自然的，正常的”，例：It is natural that such a hardworking student should pass the exam．这么用功的学生考试及格是很自然的事。B项意为“致命的，灾难性的；重大的，决定性的”，例：Fatal accidents have decreased in frequency over recent years．近年来死亡事故发生的频率已经下降。C项意为“微小的”，例：A tiny fishing boat was drifting slowly along．一只小小的渔船在缓缓地漂去。 4．B【解析】译文：这本书对读者有很大的影响。 划线词的意思是“影响”，B项意为“影响”，例：Listening to the music has a calming influence on her．听音乐对她起了一种镇静的作用。A项意为“军队；暴力；强迫；用力推动”，例：The moral force is on our side．道义的力量在我们一边。C项意为“惊奇”，例：What a surprise!真是出人意料的事!D项意为“力量，能力”，例：She lost her power of speech．她失去了说话的能力。 5．A【解析】译文：我们伴随着欢乐的乐曲跳起舞来。 划线词的意思是“高兴的；使人感到愉快的”，A项意为“令人愉快的”，例：The walk was very pleasant．那次散步很愉快。B项意为“多姿多彩的”，例：He gave a colorful account of life in Samoa．他生动地叙述了萨摩亚群岛上的生活。C项意为“时尚的”，例：It became fashionable for the rich to winter in the sun．在阳光充足的地方过冬成了富人的时尚。D项意为“不同的”，例：My husband has several shirts of different colors．我丈夫有好几件颜色不同的衬衫。 6．C【解析】译文：他不够参加考试资格，因他已超龄。 划线词的意思为“符合条件的，合格的”，C项意为“有资格的”，与划线词意思相近，例：He is a qualified scientist．他是个合格的科学家。故选C。A项意为“有竞争力的”，例：A competitive person loves to win and hates to lose．竞争心强的人喜欢赢讨厌输。B项意为“勤奋的”，例：John is more diligent than anyone else in his class．约翰比班上其他的同学用功。D项意为“能胜任的”，例：He is competent enough to fill that position．他足以胜任那职位。 7．C【解析】译文：她的小说描写了一个有抱负的中国人。 划线词的意思是“描绘，描述”，C项意为“描写，描述”。例：The police asked me to describe exactly how it happened．警察让我描述一下这事是怎样发生的。A项意为“写”，例：I have to write an essay for next week’s seminar．我要为下周的讨论会写一篇文章。B项意为“写生；速写；为……绘草图”，例：He sketched the coal miner in a few minutes．他几分钟就画了一幅那位煤矿工人的素描。D项意为“表明”，例：Research indicates that men find it easier to give up smoking than women．研究表明，男人比女人更容易戒烟。 8．C【解析】译文：别惹她，她今天动不动就发火。 划线词的意思是“使恼怒”，C项意为“使恼怒”，例：His mother was annoyed with him for being so rude to their neighbors．他母亲因为他对邻居如此粗暴无礼而生他的气。A项意为“戏弄”，例：Don’t take it seriously—he’s only teasing．别把它当真．他只不过是在开玩笑。B项意为“吸引”，例：The flower show attracted large crowds this year．今年的花展吸引了大批观众。D项意为“保护”，例： These rare tigers are protected by special laws．这些珍贵的老虎受到专门法律的保护。 9．A【解析】译文：在这么恶劣的天气里出去太荒唐。 划线词的意思是“荒谬的”。A项意为“荒谬的，可笑的”，例：who made this ridiculous rule?这条荒唐的规则是谁定的?B项意为“滑稽的”．例：The story was very funny．这个故事非常可笑。C项意为“古怪的”，例：He’s an odd old man．他是个古怪的老头儿。D项意为“有趣的”，例：There is an interesting program on television tonight．今天晚上的电视有一个有趣的节目。 10．A【解析】译文：我通知他我的地址变了。 划线词的意思是“通知”，A项意为“通知”，与划线词意思一致，例：Please inform me by letter of your plans．请来信把你的计划告诉我。B项意为“观察”，例：The police have been observing his movements．警方一直监视着他的一举一动。C项意为“嘲笑”，例：We should not mock at other people’s religious beliefs．我们不应该嘲笑别人的宗教信仰。D项意为“误导”，例：We were misled by the guide．向导给我们引错了路。 11．A【解析】译文：经理为店员分配工作。 划线词的意思是“分配，分派，把……拨给”，A项意为“指派；分配”，例：Jack was assigned to the assembly shop of the factory．杰克被分配到厂里的装配间工作。B项意为“说服”，例：The salesman persuaded us to buy his product．那个推销员说服了我们买他的产品。C项意为“询问；请求”，例：I have